If that magical day has finally arrived, you may find out that you have a lot to think about. We know that you will want to look charming on that special day when all eyes will be on you. In addition to the wedding dress of your dreams, a hair style suitable for your wedding concept and wedding dress is also very important. So, we are here for you! Let’s take a look at our ‘Wedding Updos for Long Hair’ list and choose your dreamy hairstyle.
Long Hair Wedding Updos Styles – What Are the Alternatives?
If you are looking for a romantic yet stylish hairstyle, updo bridal hair may be the solution you are looking for. Moreover, you don’t need to go to the hairdresser to have this kind of hair! You can easily make the hair you want at home, by looking at the examples and the to do steps we will present to you. Of course, it would be nice to do some practices before the big day.
1. Romantic Wedding Updos
If you want to reflect your intense feelings on your wedding day to your hair, we can recommend this romantic style. You can follow these steps to make this bridal hairdo:
- Gather one side of your hair in a loose braid. Rope twist braid may be the best type of braid in this regard. Using only two pieces, leave this braid as loose as possible. Do this again with the other side.
- After braiding both sides of your hair, place a hair donut right in the middle of the braids. For a low bun, we recommend placing this hair donut right under your head.
- Bring your braids together by squeezing them around the hair donut. While doing this, you should bring your braids from below and pin them at the top of the donut.
- Beautify your low bun with hairpins suitable for your wedding concept. That’s it!
2. Easy Loose Bun for Wedding
If you are looking for an easy to make updos bun style, you can try this bridal bun that looks quite natural and simple, yet poetic. So, let’s learn how to do this bun:
- First, tie a small strand of your hair. Make sure you tied it in the middle of your head.
- Then, choose a side and braid it very loose. Make it end where the strand you just make could hide it.
- Use any kind of filling that you would like to use. Try cutting a hair donut in half to make an ideal filling.
- Now, you will need some bobby pins. Take random pieces from the bottom of your hair and secure them to the filling with using bobby pins.
- When you done with below parts, keep it going with upper parts until filling is invisible
- Pretty up it with your favorite hair accesories.
3. Bubble Pony Wedding Updo
You will be dazzling with this hairstyle that is very easy to make but also looks so special! To style the bubble pony, follow these simple steps:
- First, separate enough parts from the side of your hair and tie it with a hairpin near the top.
- Repeat the same process, taking a pinch from under the pinch you just separated. Make sure that this strand is slightly more ‘behind’ than the original strand.
- Make an easy braid using these two pieces. Add third or fourth one when it is neccessary.
- It is done when you gather all your hair.
4. Voluminous Bridal High Bun
If what you are looking for is a sumptuous bun, this model we will show you how to do step by step can help. The perfect bun look we all want to achieve is actually not as difficult as you think!
- Start with a half bun. You don’ t have to make it smooth, actually it is better when you keep it messy.
- Secondly, gather a new ponytail which is a little lower than the first one. It will make your hair look more voluminous.
- Twist two ponttails around each other. Secure them with bobby pins.
- As a final touch, add some elegant hair accesories / pins and you are done!
5. Braided Wedding Updos for Long Hair
We can’t even think that any hairstyle with a braid is bad. So let’s continue with the updo suggestions with another braided pattern. There are steps you should follow to get this result:
- Choose a side to start and do a simple two strand braid. You should’nt gather all the hair, you just have to use a smaller piece for a one braid.
- Make it for the other side of your hair.
- Keep braiding with the remaining hair until all your hair is braided. You will probably have 4 pieces of braids.
- Gather all braids together with a hair donut.
- Take the below part and wrap it to the hair donut. Use some hair pins to secure it.
- Add some accesories that match with your wedding dress and wedding concept.
6. Intertwining Bridal Updo
Although it looks like a very complicated hair style, the intertwined updo model is one of the easiest bridal styles you can find. Those who want to have a young and fresh look at their wedding can easily choose the intertwined updo look. You can follow these steps to reach the mentioned hairstyle:
- Start with two cross hair buns. To do this, take a lock from the top of your hair and gather it on the side. Make a second ponytail with the remaining parts as well.
- Braid them individually. To make it an updo, keep the braids very loose.
- Take one of them and secure them to the other side. Then do it again with the other braid.
- Use some accesories to make it sparkling. It is all!
7. Messy & Elegant Wedding Hairstyle
Have you ever thought that the mess can look pretty elegant? If you think that an elegant look can only be achieved with well tied hair, you are wrong. You can obtain this model, which is ideal for country side weddings, by following these steps:
- First, divide your hair into three. You should keep the middle part a little wider.
- Turn the center piece around and add a padding just below it.
- Bring the upper part over the filling and fix it with a wire buckle to form a camber.
- Combine the rest of your hair at the back by styling as you wish in tufts. It’s that simple!
8. Low Bun with Dreamy Braids
Would you like to have dream hair for your wedding? Then, all you have to do is follow the steps we’ll show you and achieve this great hairstyle.
- Start with a loose side braid. Then, double it with doing the same to the other side and secure them together at the middle.
- Make two low ponytails with the extra parts of your hair.
- Place a hair donut between those two ponytails and seperate them.
- Twist one of the ponytails and secure it above the hair donut.
- Took the other ponytail and twist it just same as the first one, then secure it to the hair donut.
- Choose some elegance hair pins and finish your look.
9. Wavy Bridal Updo for Long Hair
It is a very good idea to use the romantic and melancholic vibe of wavy hair at your wedding! If your hair is naturally wavy, you can start doing your hair using only wave defining products. If your hair isn’t wavy enough, a curling iron can be your best friend.
- First of all, make a simple three strand braid at the one side of your hair. Keep loose as always.
- Do it for the other side again.
- Gather middle part with a low ponytail.
- Then, make the ponytail ‘bubble’ looking with using an another hair tie below the first one.
- Unite your braids with the middle part in turn and twist them up into a bun. That is all!
10. Half Updo for Long Hair
Instead of gather all your hair, you can choose to display your hair that you have grown with a lot of effort in all its glory. So, gathering your hair in a half updo might be the alternative you are looking for.
- Start with parting your hair. You should take a small part from very front of your hair, then taking an another part below it.
- Tie the below part and make a ponytail. Then, divide the top piece into cross tufts.
- Wrap them around the ponytail. Keep them really loose to achieve an messy look.
- Divide the ponytail in two pieces and do an another pontail below them. Do the exact same thing you did at step 2 & 3
- Keep it going until you reach the desired length.
- Beautify it with chic accesories. Now, you are ready for your big day!